Invertrossachs Scout Centre Management requires that you follow the guidance for accessing the site. Over recent weeks there have been occasions when:
- there has been a disregard of the arrangements for entering and leaving the Estate, with the barrier being left open and unattended, and
- a number of vehicles have been observed travelling well in excess of the Estate speed limit of 20 m.p.h.
This is causing unnecessary friction between the Estate, local residents and ourselves and if it continues, more extreme action may be required e.g., barring certain vehicles or drivers.
1 - Estate Barrier
- On weekends and public holidays, the Estate Barrier just beyond the lodge is now liable to be locked – this is to prevent indiscriminate access by members of the general public.
- Please ensure that ALL drivers who are likely to be visiting the site are given the combination number for the Estate Barrier padlock in advance.
- The gate must not be left open and unattended.
- A responsible adult is to attend the barrier at your peak arrival time, to identify and assist vehicles associated with your group entering and leaving the Estate. A similar arrangement is required for departure.
- Parents are to be advised of these time slots. Anyone entering or leaving the Estate out with these time slots must ensure that the barrier is closed and padlocked behind them.
2 – Estate Road
This is a private, single-track road and is a very popular walking and cycling route. It is reckless and potentially dangerous to travel at speed along it, so the 20-mph speed limit that is in place makes perfect sense. Please advise drivers to keep to the speed limit.
Your co-operation in implementing the above will be appreciated.